When: July 4, 2018 | Start Time: 9:30pm | Location: Central Mall
A special event fee of $10 per car applies. Empire Passport season passes will be accepted for this event. Visit the Jones Beach State Park website for more specific information on park amenities. The 30 minute fireworks show is viewable from all parking fields. No rain date is scheduled.
Directions & Parking Information
It is expected that beginning at 6pm, traffic heading to Jones Beach will begin to increase and become heavy. Congestion will begin to occur and parking fields will begin to fill to capacity. Please follow the directional signs which will indicate best available parking.
If Jones Beach fills to capacity, there will be no shoulder or off the road parking and traffic will be diverted away from the park. Please follow directions of State Police and State Park Police. Please tune to radio stations WALK 97.5 and K98.3 for the most up-to-date traffic and weather information.
Jones Beach July 4th Special Event Day Information
In order for the fireworks program to be enjoyed by all, the following items are prohibited:
- NO Weapons including kitchen knives
- NO Balloons
- NO Drugs
- NO Walking on the dunes
- NO Fireworks; including sparklers
- NO Kite flying
- NO Pets of any kind
- NO Frisbees, skateboards, scooters, rollerblades
- NO Sale or vending without a permit
- One 12oz alcoholic beverage will be allowed per person over the age of 21. Additional alcohol will be prohibited.
Beachgoers and kites approaching the nests seem like predators to the piping plover. During your visit to the park you can help the endangered piping plover bird by:
- Respecting all areas fenced or posted for the protection of the plover and other wildlife.
- Not approaching or lingering near the nests.
- Not leaving or burying trash or food scraps on beach. The garbage will attract predators.