"I needed help along the way and Sterling was there to provide it."
Consumer Loan Offer Scam Alert
Please note that Sterling National Bank does not offer consumer loans through online marketplaces. Beware of loan offers on social media or online ads, scammers are impersonating employees of legitimate loan companies and banks.
Recently, we've discovered a scam related to consumer loans that were applied for online through multiple marketplace websites. After an application is submitted, the scammer calls the applicant directly to state the loan was approved, however, to receive the funds the applicant is required to send a prepaid debit card and/or pay other fees upfront.
If you receive a call that your loan was approved by Sterling National Bank, and you are requested to send a prepaid debit card and/or pay other fees upfront, this call is fraudulent.
- Research the lender or loan broker you are working with online using rating agencies, online feedback, state and federal agencies like the FTC or a state Attorney General.
- When applying for a loan, go to a trusted website instead of clicking on a link in an ad.
- Action you may take if you have become victim of this scam:
- File a fraud report with your local police department.
- Contact one of the three major credit bureaus - Experian, TransUnion and Equifax - to place a credit alert or a credit freeze on your name, especially if you have provided the fraudsters with any personal information.
- If you provided bank account information to the fraudsters, speak with your bank and consider immediately closing that account and open a new one.
- You can visit www.ftc.gov to get additional information on protecting yourself from fraud and identity theft.
COVID-19 Update: We’re Here for You. Here’s How.
A Message from Jack L. Kopnisky, CEO
All of us at Sterling National Bank hope this note finds you safe and healthy—and our hearts go out to those who are ill or are caring for loved ones and friends.
Our community is experiencing an unprecedented time in human history. I’d like to personally share with you some of what we’ve done—and what we’re doing to help ensure the health and well-being of our clients, colleagues and communities.
The Sterling Experience
For more than a century, Sterling has been a trusted financial ally for businesses and communities in the New York metropolitan area and beyond. We treat our clients as people, not transactions. We start by approaching each relationship as an opportunity to provide outstanding service: truly listening to our clients, understanding what makes them unique, and providing reliable expertise and guidance through a single point of contact.
Our range of both traditional and specialty commercial banking services is second to none, and our customized solutions streamline the financial side of business, helping clients achieve their goals. In addition to a full suite of commercial banking products and services, Sterling brings the same level of care and expertise to our personal banking clients. Every client can count on personalized service, delivering candid perspective and diverse experience.
Whether you're coming to us for business banking, personal banking, or both, you can bank with ease and confidence at Sterling.
Sterling Client Stories
“A lot of people make promises, but Michael Haddad actually delivered.” He continued, “Through his implementation of new processes and technologies, there’s been an increased sense of consistency and trust.”
Rise in annual rankings is a reflection of our commitment to deliver value for customers, shareholders, employees and communities.